John Smothers is the founder of Integrative Wellness & Research Center, a Tennessee-based wellness center for all ages, promoting healthy lifestyle changes through targeted nutritional support and restorative therapies. The wellness center is proactive in reducing bio markers, risk factors, and
supporting acute degenerative health conditions through nutraceuticals, diet, exercise, and stress management.
Call (901)763-7006 to schedule an appointment.
Integrative Wellness & Research Center, Inc
6262 Poplar Avenue,
Memphis, TN 38119
Call (901)763-7006 to schedule an appointment or email us at clinic@IntegrativeWellness.org.
You mail email a specific date/time/location and we will try to
accommodate. We also accept appointments in person and by Skype.
A leading functional & restorative medical team for over 20 years, we at Integrative Wellness & Research Center, Inc. combine the wisdom of many years of experience with the personal care and compassion. You can expect an individualized approach that is customized to your specific condition. We look forward to hearing your story and developing a plan to help restore your health.
We offer a wide range of functional medicine lab tests to help uncover the root cause of your illness so we can maximize your health recovery. You may call on us for care of a simple cold or flu or if you need more advanced care in cancer recovery, Lyme disease, skin infections, rashes, allergies, GI imbalances, or inflammation. Yeast, candida, bacterial overgrowth, anxiety, depression, fatigue, cardiovascular issues, arthritis, or joint inflammation and pain, hormone imbalances, poor wound healing, and suppressed immunity are other reasons clients rely on us.
Comprehensive Functional Restorative Medicine Consultation
The consultation will incorporate reviewing your medical history, discussing current medical information, and developing a clinical lifestyle intervention plan to restore your health. Restorative therapies accelerate the healing process by increasing immunity, activating stem cells for repair, decreasing inflammation, supporting weakened organs and glands, and opening up the excremental processes (for detoxification). Lab testing may be required to gather more facts on your body’s chemistry.
We believe food is medicine. While it may not be all you need for complete healing, it is a very important component. IWRC has many types of diets that will be customized to your body based upon several factors including digestion, body type and composition, and diagnosis. Several examples are as follows: cancer recovery, guided fasting, detoxification, anti-candida, SIBO, KETO, histamine, low platelet, and athletic fitness.
- Class IV Laser-pain, inflammation and to activate stem cells
- FIR Sauna
- Ozone breathing treatments, cupping, ears and many customized
- Enema Education
- Bio-Identical Hormones
- Blood Chemistry (CBC24/CMP)
- Cardiovascular: Boston Heart Advanced/Vascular Inflammation
- Comprehensive GI (yeast, bacteria, candida, microbiome, inflammation)
- Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Intestinal Barrier (leaky gut) – Zonulin, Histamines, LPS
- Food Sensitives/Allergies – IGE, IGG, CD3
- NeuroTransmitters (depression, anxiety, energy, stress)
- Hormone Testing – comprehensive with metabolic pathways
- Lyme Testing
- Viral Testing EBV, CMV, etc
- Genetic Testing – up to 3,000 genes
- Nutritional Testing
- Advanced Oxidation to cellular/DNA level
- Cancer Markers
- Genetic Cancer Markers
- Memphis Bible Institute, Certificate of Theology, 2003
- Trinity College of Natural Health, Master Herbalist, 1999
- Trinity College of Natural Health, Doctor of Naturopathy, 1997
- University of Tennessee, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 1987
Post Graduate Training
- CASA Clinical Applications of Scientific Innovation, Nashville 2019
- GI Advanced Module, Institutes of Functional Medicine, Nashville 2018
- Microbiome, GI Intestinal Barrier Function, Autoimmunity, Florida 2017
- ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society), 2016 Philadelphia, PA
- Genetics: The science of understanding Gene Mutations and risk factors of nutrition deficiencies through MethylGenetic
- Nutrition Analysis, Nashville 2016
- Integrative Approaches to Tick-Borne and Chronic Disease, California, 2011
- Advanced Clinical Therapies for Women’s Health, Tennessee 2011
- Therapeutic Lifestyle and FLT Health Care Provider Certification, Florida, 2010
- Neurobiology of Mood and Cognitive Disorders, Illinois, 2006
- Managing the Multiple Causes of Chronic Inflammation, Illinois, 2006
- Enhancing the Quality of Human Lifespan in Anti-Aging Medicine, Illinois, 2005
- Gourmet Raw Food Chief Training ,Tennessee, 2004
- Meridian Stress Assessment and Biological Terrain Assessment, Utah, 2000
- Biochemical Individualism and Enzyme Therapy, Texas, 2000
- Bioresonance Therapy Training, Mexico, 2001
- Allergy and Pediatric Clinic Internship with medical doctor, Tennessee 2001-2003
- Mind Body Wellness Center Internship with medical doctor, Tennessee 2000
- Back to the Garden Health Ministries, Tennessee 1996
- Personal Growth and Ministry Training, PGMT, 1994
- Manufacturing Engineer Certification, Tennessee, 1987