John Smothers is founder of the Integrative Wellness & Research Center; a Tennessee-based wellness center for all ages, promoting healthy lifestyle changes through targeted nutritional support. This wellness center is proactive in reducing bio markers, risk factors and supporting acute to degenerative health conditions through nutraceuticals, diet, exercise, and stress management. John Smothers’ current areas of focus are: optimizing body composition, intestinal barrier function, neurobiology, Lyme, modulating cellular immune response, and decreasing pro-inflammatory cytokines. He is well versed in the dynamics and multitudes of Alternative Medicine. John Smothers welcomes and is open to business opportunities to assist in expanding his scope of expertise.
- Memphis Bible Institute, Certificate of Theology, 2003
- Trinity College of Natural Health, Master Herbalist, 1999
- Trinity College of Natural Health, Doctor of Naturopathy, 1997
- University of Tennessee, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 1987
Post Graduate Training
- Integrative Approaches to Tick-Borne and Chronic Disease, California, 2011
- Advanced Clinical Therapies for Women’s Health, Tennessee 2011
Therapeutic Lifestyle and FLT Health Care Provider Certification, Florida, 2010
- Neurobiology of Mood and Cognitive Disorders, Illinois, 2006
Managing the Multiple Causes of Chronic Inflammation, Illinois, 2006
- Enhancing the Quality of Human Lifespan in Anti-Aging Medicine, Illinois, 2005
- Gourmet Raw Food Chief Training ,Tennessee, 2004
Meridian Stress Assessment and Biological Terrain Assessment, Utah, 2000
- Biochemical Individualism and Enzyme Therapy, Texas, 2000
- Bioresonance Therapy Training, Mexico, 2001
- Allergy and Pediatric Clinic Internship with medical doctor, Tennessee 2001-2003
- Mind Body Wellness Center Internship with medical doctor, Tennessee 2000
- Back to the Garden Health Ministries, Tennessee 1996
- Personal Growth and Ministry Training, PGMT, 1994
- Manufacturing Engineer Certification, Tennessee, 1987
John Smothers is also an author of three Health Regeneration Manuals which are step by step guides to help you restore your health :
Seven Days to Ultimate Health
The Healthy Alternative Weight Management Program
Natural solutions to ADD/ADHD
Kim is the Senior Lifestyle Educator at the Integrative Wellness and Research Center in Memphis, Tennessee. She has studied nutrition and wellness under the mentorship of Clinical Nutritionist, Master Herbalist and Naturopathic Doctor, John Smothers, since 2011.
Kim became involved in natural health while trying to find help for her daughter who suffered with Lyme Disease, ADHD, Eczema and Asthma. Her daughter’s recovery inspired Kim to pursue a career helping others to heal.
Kim Martindale is certified in FirstLine Therapy, a holistic, personalized, lifestyle medicine program. To learn more about FLT, go to http://integrativewellness.org/first-line-therapy/.
Kim also received her diploma as a Certified Health Specialist from Trinity School of Natural Health and enjoys working with clients, coaching and teaching them how to optimize their health through lifestyle strategies including; diet, exercise, healing therapies, personalized supplementation, detoxification and stress management. Kim is also qualified to provide food sensitivity testing.
Kimberly Martindale has also successfully completed NeuroScience’s Neuro Certification Program. This means she has successfully mastered the tools and approaches to comprehensively and effectively treat many of the most common, yet complex health concerns. Schedule an appointment today to discuss your health concerns and the options available to you.To learn more about the specifics of NEI Certification, visit: www.neuroscienceinc.com/neicertification.
Before pursuing an education in Natural Health and Wellness, Kim received her bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Auburn University, and her Master’s of Divinity degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Kim is passionate about wellness, nutrition and helping people reduce the risk factors for chronic disease. She has her own blog and Facebook page. Visit her at kimmartindale.com and like her Facebook page at, HealthyBodyHealthyPlanet.
To make an appointment with Kim Martindale, please call the Wellness Center at (901) 763-7006